- Why SIUC Aviation
- About Us
- Financial Aid
AF202 Basic and Intermediate Flight Theory
- Successful completion of AF 200 with a grade of "C" or better.
Instruction in Federal Aviation Administration regulations pertaining to commercial fight operations. Includes advanced instruction in aerodynamics, weather and safe operation of aircraft.
- To provide students with the necessary aeronautical knowledge needed for the FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Knowledge exam.
- To prepare students with a strong base of knowledge required for completion of AF 203, AF 204, and AF 207A.
- To provide students with practical application of aeronautical knowledge through the use of scenario based assignments in order to encourage safety, decision making skills, and judgment.
This course is taught in a lecture format.
Maximum enrollment: 30
- Instrument Commercial Manual, Jeppesen Sanderson
- Commercial Pilot FAA Written Exam, Gleim, Irvin N.
- Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (AC 61-23C)
- FAR/AIM, current
- E6B Flight Computer
- Navigational Plotter
- St. Louis Sectional Chart, current
There are no optional textbooks listed for this course.